Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist from Pexels Photo by Anna Tukhfatullina Food Photographer/Stylist from Pexels
As part of our ongoing effort to grow our company, Versatackle, while focusing on accessibility, equity, justice, diversity, and inclusion, we have committed to being transparent about our approach. Currently, we are seeking advisors who can help guide us as we go, since we know we can't do this alone. If you or someone you know would be a good fit, please reach out to us!
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking at least 2 official advisors who can expand Versatackle's perspective to be more inclusive of Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) customers and employees. We are interested in individuals with a combination of skills to help us:
- Make sure we are getting broad perspectives we are currently lacking
- Build the kind of decolonized company we are passionate about
- Shape a company that is trusted by customers, users, and employees
- Create products people love
We would like our advisors to be knowledgeable in one or more specialization area. This list may expand, and we are open to discussing other needs people see in our company. Potential specialization areas include:
- Product development/design
- Organizational design/organizational development
- Data & Social Science
- I/O Psychology
- Technical: Computer Science, DevOps, Security
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Conference industry experience
What these roles look like
- Helping with strategic direction
- Feedback on writing/communication
- Feedback on business documents and policies
- Help make sure we are making our company is safe, welcoming, and awesome for all employees and customers, especially people in one or more of these communities: BIPOC, disability, LGBTQIA+, neurodiverse, economically disenfranchised, incarcerated/formerly incarcerated
- Integrate knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion with specialization area(s)
We are committed to appropriately compensating advisors. Based on a conversation, we will come to an agreement that will include one or more of the following:
- Equity in the company for long-term committed advisors
- Appropriate per hour cash to short-term advisors/consultants or long-term advisors who prefer cash to equity
- Cash now with the option to purchase equity with a predetermined price (equity with risk mitigation)
We want to find what works best for the individuals that is equitable and long-sighted.
Time and energy commitment
Time spent will be flexible based on everyone's needs. A starting point will be ~10 hours of work per month, based on mutual agreement.
Versatackle is a distributed workforce and advisors do not need to be located in Seattle.