We are looking to hire someone for a part-time contractor position ~20 hours per week, $20/hour
This person will assist in developing and implementing sales and marketing for an early stage startup.
- Enthusiasm (Are you excited to take a company from tiny revenue to big revenue?)
- Social media savvy
- Basic competence (can you learn how to do something and then follow through and do it?)
- Experience navigating marginalization (we are committed to decolonizing both our company and our products and we want people at all levels of our company to help us get this right)
The job in a nutshell: We need to market our product better and increase sales. We have a very small team. Our co-founder and CEO has education and experience, but startups are hard, pandemics are hard, working from home alone on a startup in a pandemic as an extrovert with ADD is very hard. We need someone to work with her directly to get stuff done and move us towards having people use the cool product we have been developing. Right now, our funding level means this needs to be a part-time job. Our hope is that this person will be able to work themselves into a full-time role with benefits by increasing our sales.
Potential projects include:
- Planning and executing social media posts
- Contacting potential clients and partners
- Scheduling sales/partnership meetings
- Improving our website
- Design input
- Creating how-to guides
- Creating and running ads and ad experiments
- Your creative ideas here
- Some tedious stuff that just needs to get done
What a day at the job will look like:
- Meet with CEO and decide on the day’s priorities
- Collaborate on mutual projects
- Have time to work on solo projects
- Check in on progress
- Weekly meetings with the larger team (includes co-founder/CTO and part-time developers)
- Interrupting CEO with questions is encouraged
- Hours are flexible: should include some hours during 9:00 am PDT to 1:00 pm PDT, Mon-Fri
- No degrees required
- We just want you to demonstrate that you can learn what you need to learn to do the job
- Education is important, degrees are way less important. We don’t want a degree requirement keeping people from being able to do jobs they are capable of
- Let us know what education you’ve had that you deem important to your ability to do the job
- This is an entry level role, so we don’t expect you to have a lot of experience
- That being said, we do value the work you’ve done in the past, especially stuff you can’t generally put on a resume. For example, if you are a parent, that is incredibly valuable experience in navigating steep learning curves and building competence.
- Experience selling or marketing something, in the context of a job or in other aspects of your life
- Job switchers very welcome!
- Send your resume and/or a letter explaining why you want this job to Robin Eastman
- We’ll let you know if we want to schedule an interview (everyone applying will at least hear back from us)
- We’ll do a round of interviews including Robin (founder/CEO), Julian (founder/CTO), and potentially a couple of others
- If we all want to move forward, we will schedule you for a small scope paid project. We will use that project to decide if we want to move forward with an ongoing role.
- You will have the opportunity to talk to another part-time member of our team about the experience of working with us
Location: Seattle, with the potential to work in person at least some of the time preferred. Remote work a possibility. If you would prefer or need to work remotely, please be prepared to talk about what your needs are and how you envision co-working.